Monday, January 2, 2012

More chances for new beginnings

  Every year we get a new start, a new beginning and EVERYONE is on the same page.  We start off the year with wanting to improve something.  For some it's losing weight, saving money or promising to take the family on a vacation this year.  For others it's a new pep in the step on the journey of self-improvement.  We all start the year off well...but we should remember to make these not just new year's resolutions but actual life changes.  I don't need a temporary fix, I need an overhaul. lol  Small things are what you put on your to-do list on the $1 bin notepad on the desk or fridge.  No, for me, the overhaul needs multiple half-naked celebrities and fitness gurus to motivate and remind me of my goal.  It needs a saved document on my desktop.  It needs not just bullets but actually numbering of goals.  So here it is:

Resolutions for 2012

1. Buy used clothing/goods as much as possible or at least check thrift stores/Freecycle before buying retail.

2. Don't buy clutter. Think twice before adding something to the cart.

3. Exercise more, save the $ on crap food and buy something special instead.

4. Eat more fruits, vegetables and quality proteins.

5. Relax more and do things that ease stress on the mind and body.

6.  Read all the books stacked up all over the bedroom.

7. When the temper rises, take a deep breath and speak with a softer voice...or leave the room.

8. Don't let anyone pile garbage onto my shoulders. If they are miserable they need to crawl back under the rock from whence they came or they can own their nonsense and let me do me.

9. Make time for quality moments and leave the rest for later.

10.  Organize the school cabinets.  Organize the spare room.  Donate, Freecycle or throw out. 

Remember last week after Christmas when I had too many cupcakes?  Yeah well it's time to get back on the horse or the wagon or whatever and get movin'!  I have my workouts planned for this week.  January is time to prep and psych myself up for Insanity for February and March.  It's going to be tough and I will sweat and it won't be pretty so I need to prepare my body and it ain't even close at this point. lol  I'll probably add in some of my easier workouts in the mix with Insanity because I might need something a little less intense on some days but I'd like to be able to say I survived Insanity. lol  That's the fitness goal for this month and today is the first workout day in January.

By the way, if you've heard of Piloxing, it's great..however...if you watch the Piloxing clip on www.collagevideo.com it is different than the 14.99 version sold at Target.  Target's is a mix of different workouts and the Piloxing toning and express versions but not the full extended version (which is what I wanted).  Too late for me to return since I've opened it but if you're considering it, there's a reason the actual dvd is $20. lol  The set is fine to add on to other workouts but that's not really what I was looking for. Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. Good goals! I never really feel like January is the time for resolutions...for me it's always September, lol. New school year and new resolves, goal writing for what I want to accomplish for myself, with my kids, with my family for the upcoming school year and over the summer. I even always buy the "student" planners that run from Sept-Sept, it doesn't feel like a "new year" when I don't even have to change the pages in my date book, heh.

    Love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete