Saturday, March 24, 2012

Caliente!

It's been too long....and from the number on the scale I can tell it's been a lazy time too.  Ah well, the mojo's finally back because summer has decided to surprise us early this year.  My "summer" will start mid-May with traveling and the husband coming home for his three week visit.  Only a month and half left!  Whaaaa?!?  Yup, time to get my butt in gear.  So of course I need to finish off the last of the fatty food that has somehow made its way into this house.  ;-)

On to my main thought process here...Caliente! was a show on Univision I used to watch when I was in high school.  Usually in Miami but sometimes on location in the Dominican or Puerto Rico and always with half-naked swimsuit- wearing, booty-shaking hot Latinos.  The music is what attracted me because they always had live singers as well as new releases.  You couldn't sit still and watch, you had to move.  I'd watch in the middle of winter in Virginia and fantasies of Puerto Rican breezes and the slight scent of cologne on a guayabera-wearing gentleman kept my teenage mind alive and well. ;-)  For those that don't know what I'm talking about:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guayabera

I don't like just a GQ look...it's a relaxed, still put together look...nice slacks...a linen shirt, tan skin, cologne on the neck...and then of course I plug myself into that equation...and I'm 50 pounds lighter, my hair is never frizzy and preferably blow-dried by a hairstyling goddess.  We're salsa dancing outdoors...I'm not even thinking about dinner...or dessert....my mind is free of responsibilities...and then just when I'm really getting to the good part one of the kids tells me they see a dog across the street while we're stopped at a traffic light and I snap back to reality.  Sigh....listening to Marc Anthony in the car sure does bring back memories....

Here's where part of the mojo from this week came from:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwylzRrIkv4

The title translated is "The moon over our love"...yes, I retained some high school Spanish! lol It's a beautiful song and it got me moving in the car and remembering the good ol' days.  I came home and danced while the kids napped.  Feels good to have the mojo back...maybe I should try a mojito to go with the mojo?? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment