Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Gloomy Tuesday

So groggy every morning lately.  This gloomy weather ain't helpin'.  I needed coffee so while the kids were having breakfast I brewed some coffee and did my exercises.  Not a full workout but some weights for my arms, you know, bicep/tricep stuff, some squats, lunges, twists, stretching, etc.  There are about 10 exercises that my dad swears by and it's the exercises they have kids learn in PE.  Arm circles, stretching, jumping jacks, stuff like that.  It works.  People think you need to break a sweat each and every time you exercise but that's just not true.  I used to think yoga wouldn't work but after losing 13 pounds on just straight AM/PM relaxation yoga a few years ago, I was looking good without breaking a sweat. 

So, the stretching and morning exercises done, I sat down with my cup of coffee and just watched the birds on the deck standing in line at the bird feeder.  I also noticed a pig of a squirrel chowing down and a line of ants going up the deck straight to the bird feeder.  "Get it while you can wildlife, cuz when the bird feed is finished Mommy's closing up shop!" lol  I do not wish to clean the mess the squirrels leave and have to deal with ants visiting through the fall. 

I previewed a dvd called Barefoot Cardio.  Perfect for me since I work out in pajamas. lol  I do put on socks and shoes to do cardio and strength training or my circuit training downstairs though.  I need the foot/knee support.  So Barefoot Cardio is a mix between pilates/dance moves and is slow and easy and yet still gets the heart rate up.  Definitely want to give that a try tomorrow.  (I say this and tomorrow of course I may be in a totally different mood.)  Zip on the water intake today.  Tsk, tsk, I know.

An inspiring mom I know is going up to Maine to run a marathon relay there.  I googled Northern VA marathons and this came up. 
http://destination-va.site.raceit.com/race-info.htm

13.1 miles in 3 hours and 30 minutes.  I think I'm out of my mind to even consider it.  It's 8 months away.  It's a goal.  Even if I didn't run it, it would still be something cool to work towards.  I don't know how to even train for something like that.  First thing though would probably to begin running.  I power walk a mile with two children in a double stroller and God only knows how long it takes me.  I've never timed it but there are several rounds of "I'm TIR-ed! Can we go home after this??"  Telling my son that Mommy is fat and needs the exercise doesn't help much.  Time to google "Training for a half marathon" to see what comes up....

No comments:

Post a Comment