Monday, September 26, 2011

Get off the couch!

  Well, I don't really sit on the couch.  The couch is reserved for my son.  My seat is at the kitchen table where I can read, have my coffee and supervise the living room chaos.  We were all up early this morning but breakfast dragged forever, they played and honestly I don't know what I did....probably counted the minutes until nap time.  They are sleeping now..hopefully.  I should probably go check the monitor upstairs in a minute.

I'm ashamed of myself.  I wasn't a very good girl for the last 3 weeks.  I measured myself August 18th and started working out every day during nap time with the exception of weekends.  I'd call my cousin or she'd call me and we'd share our workouts.  She has 5 pounds to lose.  I have about 60.  She's hot and got a few compliments so she's content now.  I, on the other hand, have lost nothing but maybe an inch here or there and still weigh the same I did in August.  Somewhere between going to bed late, my never-ending period and life I lost my mojo these last 3 weeks.  Time to step it up. 

The Firm Wave, Zumba, Turbo Jam, Jillian Michaels, Richard Simmons, Brazil Butt Lift, an insane amount of toning, yoga, balance ball, balance pod, weight lifting and dance dvds to put me on the Beachbody website.  You'd think I'd be ripped by now.  Sigh....you would think, wouldn't ya?  That's okay, I'll get back on the wagon!  Kicking myself in the butt ain't gonna make it smaller. lol  So today I did The Firm Wave's 10 minute intro and then half of the Cardio Express workout.  It's a lot of stepping on the Wave, they go really fast and I'm still slow of course.  I'm moving around with 60 pounds more fat than these women.  I made it through, figured I was a sweaty mess so that's a step in the right direction.  I cooled down with the Malibu Pilates chair (I'm telling you, my excuses are not because of lack of STUFF).  Pilates abs 60 count, the standard chair leg exercises and some arm push-downs to work the arms and stretch my back.  It's amazing how stiff you get in just a couple of weeks.  I'd love to spend the rest of the day watching tv and not talking to anyone. 

I'm pooped and I have a headache.  Ah yes, water.  If I drink SmartWater will it give me Jennifer Aniston's body??  A liter a day is my goal.  I don't care to look up how many actual glasses of water a liter is but who cares.  I go all day and only take a few sips of water so a liter is a hell of a lot better than what I've been doing. 

Tomorrow's workout will be....I dunno.  I do know I don't want to do floor ab work or push ups.  Maybe Zumba's Ab workout with some Jackie Warner standing abs.  Or maybe I'll get some Disco Fever with good ol' Richard.  I tell you...seeing 300lb + men and women lifting their legs and moving and shaking makes me feel like I have zero room to complain.  Strangely motivating.  I'll let you know tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment