Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Hump Day Cardio

Well, I stuck to it and did the Barefoot Cardio dvd today.  I did my usual stretching exercises and 25 jumping jacks in the morning while I waited for my coffee.  Then I put the kids down for naps and put on the Barefoot Cardio.  Love that I didn't need a single thing for it.  Just me in my pjs in the living room.  No socks or shoes. 

It really uses the tried and true exercises we've all learned over the years as well as some basic ballet moves as well.  Plies and relaves (sp??) as well as the long straight arms of the dancers.  I'm sitting here SWEATING.  It was approx. 45 minutes give or take.  I stopped for water 3/4 of the way through and I'm so friggin' thirsty I've got my beautiful bottle of Fiji water sitting in front of me.  I think I'll get the liter of water in earlier today. ;-)  I really loved this dvd.  It's been a long time since I've found something I could enjoy all the way through without skipping sections that either killed my knees or made me get on the floor for anything.  I'd love to combine this with Jackie Warner's standing abs work out.  She kills you with the weights/arms/abs in that workout and it's about 20 minutes but if I had a full hour I'd do it.  Right now I think I'm about dead after a solid 40 minutes but maybe I could try next week.  Off to finish my water....

No comments:

Post a Comment