Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Remembering the beauty

Listen to this song and then come back here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orc4TuIO56s

I was watching episodes of The Biggest Loser season 6 and one of the women, Kelly, said she was working hard to be beautiful on the outside to match how beautiful she was on the inside.  We are told not to be superficial and judge a person by their looks, but it's reality.  Being big doesn't mean you're ugly, but you're not the best you could be.  Your health is your biggest asset, your biggest wealth.  After that comes how you feel about yourself.  I don't know anyone that truly feels 100% happy about themselves physically.  No one will ever be 100% happy because that's the way humans are...but we should be more than 75% content with how we are, and most aren't even up to that percentage. 

So my cousin got on Pintrest and told me how fantastic it is so I checked it out.  It's like millions of women going through magazines and catalogs and life in general and sharing with their girlfriends.  A random picture of someone's eyeball, a recipe, a dress they think is pretty but have no occasion to wear.  I figured, where there are recipes, there are fatties so I typed in "exercise" in the search box and came up with this:

The 100 Workout:  100 jumping jacks, 90 crunches, 80 squats, 70 leg lifts, 60 jumping jacks, 50 crunches, 40 squats, 30 leg lifts, 20 jumping jacks, run for 10 min. 

I did everything with the exception of 40 squats and only 5 min of running on the trampoline.  And yes, you can "run" on a trampoline just like you can "run" on an elliptical.  The benefit of running on the trampoline is no pressure on your joints.  The jumping jacks made my chest catch fire.  The crunches made me not be able to breathe, the squats hurt my knees after 40, the leg lifts were the easiest.  I did knee ups to work legs and abs, side lifts to work legs and obliques, and southeast and southwest lifts to work the legs and butt.  Crazy thirsty and I'm sitting here at the computer in pajama pants and a sports bra.  My exercise clothes of the day. lol 

No comments:

Post a Comment