Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Muscles

I was contemplating taking an online course for personal training or fitness and nutrition just to keep me in the zone, motivated and my brain on track.....they made it more expensive since the last time I checked so whateva...I hit the library website instead. lol

Picked out some Biggest Loser cookbooks, definitely more recipes that I liked more than I didn't like which is rare, I'm picky with cookbooks. 

I found book in particular I really liked, Anatomy of Exercises which shows strength training exercises as well as the muscles used for each.  Really interesting...so that's what I did today.  I started with my "morning moves" and stretched, then 20 jumping jacks (jiggling up and down is decreasing, hallelujah!) and then I did the exercises from the book with my hand weights.  I tried to see if I could feel the muscles in my body working just like the pictures...they were pretty accurate.

I've got some cooking to do this afternoon and then I'll use the pilates chair later this evening, the leg magic and some ab work as well.  All of that takes me maybe 30 minutes or so but really works...and a nice way to end the evening before I go up to bed to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment