Tuesday, October 11, 2011

60+ lbs to push around

I did my bedtime moves last night and my abs were SORE this morning.  My legs are still sore from Sunday.  I had an early taco salad lunch today and didn't feel like working out.  By afternoon the guilt kicked in so I fed the kids an early dinner and we loaded up the double stroller for a walk.  2 miles.  The last half mile was straight uphill pushing not just myself but the 60+ lbs of children and stroller.  I was dying.  I kept thinking, "This is worse than any crazy cardio...as soon as I get home I'm sitting in a chair and not getting up." lol 

We made it and I'm proud of my 2 miles.  It took about 43 minutes.  It would have been faster if I was alone but I'm not worried about time.  The kids were better because they could look at so many things in the neighborhood.  The track is easier of course but boring for them.  I'd like to do 4 miles a week so maybe I'll do 2 miles on the track one day and 2 miles around the neighborhood another day.  Note to self: Load up the stroller with books for track days.  I like the walking.  It works muscles I don't use doing workouts at home and it's a different kind of sore.  It's also getting fresh air for me and the kids without actually getting dirty. ;-) 

So tonight I'll do some stretching before bed and some more ab work.  I've been guzzling water all evening and didn't even have dinner.  I'll be starving in the morning for sure I bet.  I'm already looking forward to my amaretto coffee (not liquor, just flavored cream) and natural peanut butter on wheat for breakfast.  The rest of the taco salad fixins' for lunch and who knows what for dinner.  Oh! I have stuff to make soup.  My mother-in-law gave me a recipe for a vegetable puree soup with orzo and I found a simple potato leek soup recipe that I want to try as well.  I'm wondering what will happen if I add the potatoes and leeks to the vegetable soup recipe.  You can pretty much add whatever you want into it.  We shall see....;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment