Monday, October 3, 2011

Ahh, Tai Chi.

I took the day off yesterday.  6 days of exercise, one day of complete rest.  Well, not complete rest because I did have to deal with kiddos all day but you know what I mean.  lol  My dad came over today and good thing too because our heat wasn't kicking on.  He had his friend stop by and they changed the thermostat and it's back on.  It was a bit too chilly this morning, even for me.  So after a busy morning, naps and lunch, I mentioned to my dad that he should try the Tai Chi video with me since we were talking about the art of de-stressing.

I put it on, Nina in her high chair, Gino stomping around angry that he didn't have my dad's undivided attention.  My dad sat and watched it.  lol  I got up and DID it.  It actually got the blood flowing and I really liked it.  The reviews on the video had said it wasn't a beginner dvd and too difficult to follow.  I really don't understand that.  Following a dvd isn't rocket science.  Unless you have two left feet and you're completely uncoordinated, you should be able to follow along.  You're mirroring the movements.  Anyway, I didn't find it hard to follow.  The beginning breaks up each move while flowing into the next but he shows you how to do each move in a slower way.  Then the second portion is where he's outside on the beach and goes through the entire flow of exercises.  I was sweaty at the end but I felt good.  I felt like I had positive movement in my body but I wasn't drained. 

This week my goal is to get in some running or at least get the heart rate up significantly to get my body trained to feel the same as I do when running. That means boot camp style moves, running, treadmill, trampoline, jumping exercises etc.  I have Turbo Jam's Fat Blaster as well as Turbo Fire...might get into that a bit this week.  I get bored doing the same series all week long but the goal is to amp it up 3 times this week.  The other days I'll do strength training and other types of cardio or yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment