Saturday, October 8, 2011

Motivation

I needed some motivation heading into this coming week.  I want to amp it up and move it hard this week.  I'm starting to see a change in my face and my stomach and I have to keep it up.  It's only going to be as good as the effort I put into it.  I can do better.  I'm stronger and I can do more..and so I will.  I need constant motivation.  It helps me to see how far people have come.  It helps to see the visual changes in transformations.  So I turned to Netflix. 

I'd never seen a full episode of The Biggest Loser.  I bought a couple of The Biggest Loser books from Borders before they went out of business and they're very inspiring.  I was drawn to the cast from Season 4 in the books so I watched the first 4 episodes of Season 4 on Netflix today.  Jillian comes back to "save" the rejects that were not chosen for the blue and red team and I cried when she showed up.  I could FEEL their desperation at wanting to get help.  They didn't think they could do it on their own at home.  Jillian KILLED her team.  She worked them harder than the other teams.  It was a cake walk for the blue and red during their workouts compared to what she made the black team do. 

It put things in perspective for me.  The women lost a lot less than the men did.  The men had pretty significant drops in weight each week with the women losing only single digits.  It's no joke that it's harder for women to lose weight.  So...I don't need to kill myself but the weight will come off.  I'm not concerned with actual weight right now.  I want to see a change in my body.  I'm moving from an XL pajama pant to a L.  lol  As my friend Matt says, "My socks are feeling a little loose." lol  I was unknowingly wearing a size 8/10 capri jean which was a great surprise (though to be honest they have an elastic waistband).  I look like less of a football player with my broad shoulders and big arms.  Slowly but surely, it's getting better.  One day I will see my pants fall off and then I'll know it's time to get on the scale.  Or maybe I'll hike them up and enjoy the feeling of too-big pants.  ;-)  One day I will pull out a skirt I wore senior year in high school...and it will go up past my butt.  One day I will pull out a pair of jean shorts that I wore junior year in high school...and I will be able to pull them up past my thighs.  And one day I will need to donate ALL of it...and go shopping.  :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment