Sunday, October 30, 2011

Movin' to the Music

My mom was over yesterday.  She kept the kids busy, she gave them lollipops, they argued and screamed.  Nina cried.  I count the number of times she's pushed to tears when my parents come over.  It's not directly their fault...it's more a reaction to the actions of the boy and the get-away-with-murder manipulation that results in her crying.  I don't like to hear or see her cry.  It's unnecessary.  She's quite sassy in general but she's a good seed and has a generous nature.  She doesn't deserve the BS she gets sometimes.  Anyhoo, I had asked my mom for a haircut so after the kids went down for naps I showered and she cut my hair.  The apple did not fall far from the seed.  She went to cosmetology school back in the day.  Here's the thing with curly hair...you can pull firmly but it shouldn't be too firm..because the hair will spring back and look utterly ridiculous when it's too short.  My hair is now two inches shorter than where I showed her I wanted it.  Her response:  "It's hair, never cry about hair."  True that.  I wanted it short anyway because I have my hair in a pony tail every day.  Working out with long hair, even a long pony tail resting on my back, makes me super hot, as does wearing sneakers.  (I don't like saying sneakers.  I don't like calling them tennis shoes either.  I think I'm going to call my shoes "cross-trainers"..because technically I think that's what they are...sounds a hell of a lot cooler than sneeeeakers.)  So now I have a ridiculous-looking bob.  My hair is back to it's original non-layered thickness.  When I blow dry my hair and it's straight I'll cut some layers into it.  For now, it's up in a midget pony tail.  By next summer it'll be long and fabulous to go with my new body.  ;-)

So while my mom was playing with the kids, I put on some music.  Some good old school rock and roll.  Like borderline oldies.  lol  And I danced.  And I did my "morning moves".  And I did knee lifts, arm weights, trunk twists and well, you get the picture.  Think I'll do it again today when my parents come over.  I need to do something when they come over and doing a full workout with the circus in town is too distracting. 

Have I mentioned I love Ellen Barrett?  I'm hooked.  I think I love her out of ALL the exercise dvds I have.  Youtube her.  She's the perfect blend.  I love when I find a favorite.  Speaking of favorites, my cousin told me about Jane Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series and I finally got 1-16 and I'm on book 6 now and I'm hooked.  I'm in that comfy stage of a series, you know, where you know the characters well and you don't get sleepy reading and when you're done with one book you don't think twice about picking up the next one immediately.  I hear foot steps...somebody's awake.....

No comments:

Post a Comment