Saturday, October 22, 2011

True You

Well, this past week was a bust.  I was exhausted.  I drank soda, I ate comfort foods and I didn't exercise.  Not evening my "morning moves" or my ab work.  Tomorrow is a new day.  I just don't think I can work against it that one week a month so I'm not going to try.  I need time to recover, to rest and to be comfy in pajamas all day long. 

Starting this week tomorrow I needed some motivation.  I didn't expect to get it where I got it though. ;-)  In the evenings lately I've been watching Joyce Meyer or Beth Moore on Youtube.  I enjoy both ladies very much.  (I dig the southern twang and I have to say, Paula Deen has an eternal piece of my heart as well)  I'm more familiar with Joyce Meyer because she's more popular, has more books and dvds out, has her own show, etc.  I've been watching Beth Moore on Youtube trying to catch up on her different shows and tonight's was a pleasant surprise.  I've included the links for both Part 1 and Part 2 of her segment below if you're interested. 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYuYrFW60e4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IkhM0i8sV0&feature=related

She shares positive words about her method of physical worship and it really spoke to me.  One quote that comes to mind is ".....your spiritual act of worship."  Worshipping your body, being thankful for all it can do, appreciating your healthy and maintaining it for yourself and for your family.  Getting to a place in your body, mind and spirit at least once a day to focus on who you want to be...the true you. 

She speaks of extremes and how it probably ain't a size 0 and it probably ain't a size 20 either.  Women sometimes speak as if they are content, when really internally they're eaten up about their reality.  Extremes are not the way we were intended to be.  We are not supposed to withhold food from our bodies and yet gorging is also wrong.  I know when I look in the mirror, THIS is not how I am supposed to be.  There are no excuses to be made for the way I look.  I know my portions were too big.  I know my sweet tooth won the battle.  I know I chose poorly.  I'm changing my ways to more true me.

I lose momentum when I take a day's break.  I lose my focus, my drive, my motivation.  This week my goal is to exercise every day and make it count.  I'm seeing changes in my body and I want to increase my strength this week.  I want to push myself a little harder each week so that when next month rolls around, I can allow myself to rest for a week and be content.  When your mind isn't set and you slack, that's when you make excuses.   Work before I rest, that's the goal.  A new day and a workout to report tomorrow.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment