Saturday, October 1, 2011

Abs and arms

Whew...I got another one in.  I was not feeling it today, let me tell ya.  I previewed three dvds from the library this morning. Spoga..which wasn't worth watching so I turned it off after fast-forwarding to get the jist of it.  The Biggest Loser's Cardio Max was worth buying for sure.  It increases in intensity every 2 weeks for a total of 6 weeks.  The first cardio session was led by Bob Harper doable for me at this stage.  The second cardio session was led by Jillian Michaels and man is she tough.  It was doable but those poor people on the dvd were Struggling with a capital S.  I didn't watch the third cardio session but it was more kick-boxing styles with some other buff chick I didn't recognize.  If I see it at Target I'll get it....then again I have Jillian's Ripped in 30...I could do that and be just as dead in a month. lol 

I also previewed Scott Cole's Discover Tai Chi for Weightloss.  I've seen bits of his dvds on youtube and I was debating between this one and his AM/PM Tai Chi.  This one is better for what I need.  He shows the slower movements and then accelerates the same movements to get the heart rate up.  It's still very fluid but more what I need.  It's about 53 minutes in length.  He goes over the movements in the studio and then goes through the entire set of moves outside in Hawaii.  The wind is blowing near the beach and you can totally feel the wind when you do the moves.  I was calm just watching it. ;-)  This one I'm getting from Amazon for sure.  I don't own anything like it right now.

On to the actual workout of the day:  I did the arm booster portion of the Ab&Arm Booster from Physique 57.  I used 5 lb weights and I have a feeling my arms will kill tomorrow.  I usually use 2lb weights.  I need to amp up the arm/back exercises.  That was only a few minutes.  Then I almost quit.  I had done my "Morning Moves" already and I'm dead on my feet.  But no.  I meant to do my Zumba abs workout and I wanted to time it to see how long it actually was so into the dvd player it went.  Approximately 17 minutes and full of dancey cardio moves that work the abs.  I LOVE standing ab work.  My stomach is my biggest problem area so yes, Zumba abs is perfect.  I love the particular moves combined with the music they chose.  It really makes me sweat and you can feel your abs getting warmed.  So...I was a good girl.  Glad I didn't quit after the arms.  Finished my mysterday yesterday so today my reward is my US Weekly.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment