Thursday, October 27, 2011

Cain't hardly walk

Seriously. Can't. Walk.  Power Fusion kicked my arse.  You look at it and think, "This is nice, flowy, they don't seem to be sweating too much..."  and then you do it.  I had to stop twice to get water.  I never stop to get water.  I couldn't move and my form was getting sloppy so I had to hit pause twice.  The first half builds and builds and next thing you know I'm trying to go through the menu in my head to remember how many more segments there were left.  That's how I know I'm working hard...when I'm dying to stop. lol  There aren't a whole lot of movements throughout her dvds, that's what I like about them.  I don't like the aerobics dvds where they keep building on the same routine for 20 minutes, especially if I'm not really enjoying the combination of moves in the first place.  She doesn't do that.  Her moves seem very basic but the way she incorporates the whole body into it really gives you the biggest bang for the buck.  They were all wet by the end of the dvd and I was pretty slick myself.  Good thing I wore my pretty tank top.  :-) 

She keeps you squatting or lunging throughout which is why I can barely walk.  I had ankle weights on for the first segment which was a bad idea.  I didn't need them.  There's a reason none of them needed any equipment. lol  I did however keep my 1lb wrist weights on the whole time.  I really wanted to work the arms a bit more and that was doable.  I feel the soreness in my arms a bit right now so hopefully I'll REALLY feel it tomorrow.  I'm sure my legs will be plenty sore tomorrow too judging by how I felt after her Barefoot Cardio dvd.  She tells you what you're working as you're doing the exercises which I find motivating.  If I'm going to feel like I'm dying while I'm doing it, I want to know my waist will get smaller or my butt is getting firmer.  lol 

I followed up with some stretching and some ab work on my own.  I feel better after I'm done...it's the absence of guilt.  ;-)  I'll probably be sore so I've got her Yogini workout on the agenda for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment