Friday, October 7, 2011

Bad, bad girl

So...from Tuesday-Thursday I didn't do an official workout.  Bad, bad, bad.  I know.  I did, however, do squats, lunges, strength training on my arms, standing crunches and my "morning moves" every day.  I also utilize the minutes I'm nuking something in the microwave (or reheating my coffee 4 times per morning) by doing some trunk twists, stretches and punches.  Anything to keep the body moving right?  We also went for a short walk yesterday afternoon.  I'd love to be able to just go out for a walk/run without worrying about what the kids are doing but nope, I'm too controlling for that. 

I have a few Amazon goodies coming by way soon and one of them is the Scott Cole Tai Chi for Weightloss that I tried on Monday.  I really liked it.  I got his AM/PM workout from the library so I'll be doing that one today.  Just enough to get the blood flowing, the body warmed...but this time I'm doing it without the zoo-crew around.  Not that relaxing with backround chatter.  lol

I also have some belly dance dvds from the library by Rania.  I've tried hers before and she's good.  Some of them are too annoying.  I didn't accomplish my goal of "amping it up" this week but it's not a total loss.  I ate well this week and I did move my body.  This weekend will be some Tai Chi and belly dancing and tacos on Sunday (all the toppings are healthy and we don't use sour cream ;-) 

Lessons learned:  Must remember to switch errands to afternoons now.  We ran errands in the mornings all summer before it got too hot and now I have to switch.  If we run errands in the morning by the time we get back and the kids go down for naps I'm too pooped to exercise and just want some quiet time.  I also learned that if I exercise when the kids are napping, I'll still have some alone time before Gino wakes up.  Then when he's up when can come downstairs to do his lessons before Nina wakes up.  Everyone gets their special time.  I also learned that it doesn't matter if you exercise in one straight period of time or you break it up.  Every little bit helps.  I did bicep/tricep work while I watched my movie last night.  My fatso arms are looking better! lol  And last...I learned that I now feel guilty when I don't work out.  Guilt is good.  Means I'll bug myself until I work out again.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment