Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cranky Pants

My son woke me up at 6am.  Pitch black darkness.  I was MAD.  He's lucky I took a few deep breaths.  My head is groggy today sooo.....I had my coffee, my peanut butter on wheat ( I started off my weight loss journey having two slices of bread but I think my stomach is shrinking because one slice is plenty now.)  and now I'm sucking down the water.  Small bottles make me feel like drinking more.  Note to self:  Forget the stainless steel and water pitcher and just buy some cute small 8 oz. water bottles.  As long as I'm drinking water I'll pick my battles. 

I did my morning moves, my ab work, stood on my balance pods and worked my arms/back.  My "morning moves" consist of trunk twists, sun salutations, forward bends and stretches, breast stroke, back stroke, arm circles, knee ups, etc.  I get all the basics in and move whatever I feel needs moving/stretching.  I'm in the mood for some music today so I may put on some music after lunch and dance while the kids ignore me and run off to play.  I love my kitchen.  It's hidden from the living room so I don't need to feel embarassed when I exercise (or when I'm doing something and I don't want little eyes to get distracted and notice me...and then start TALKING to me).  The floor is also tiled so it's quiet, no creaking, no thudding.  I have a portable dvd player on the kitchen table but I bring it into the kitchen on the counter and do some workouts there.  It's odd but I like it.  It feels private. 

Besides the walking this week I've lost my dvd mojo.  I've been waiting for my new Amazon exercise dvds and they are taking FOREVER to ship.  Completely ridiculous.  Stick the stuff in a box and hurry UP!  Can you tell I'm impatient when waiting for a present? lol  In the meantime I found another one by Ellen Barrett, her Yogini workout.  I preview dvds on Youtube...at first I thought I wouldn't like it...but then I watched a couple other clips from the same dvd and then I checked the Amazon reviews.  Yes, it looks like a winner.  I really like her style.  That'll be the next one I get.  I need to do one more order before the holidays so I'll order it then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment