Sunday, October 9, 2011

Owww......

I'm in pain.  My legs hurt.  I wouldn't normally be this miserable but my legs get these weird pains for no reason and something like walking and running around my neighborhood will definitely lead to crazy leg pains.  I wrap them in ace bandages and a few hours later they'll feel better.  I'd like nothing more than to lay down on the couch with my legs covered with a heating pad watching TLC or Bravo but no, the grandparents are here. 

They stress me out man.  Thank goodness they brought over some margarita mix because after a Sunday with them I need something for sure to kill the mental anxiety.  It's not so much that they're crazy...it's a combination of things.  My son turns into the biggest brat around them.  He orders them.  Gives them demands.  Requests activities, toys and outings he knows I normally don't allow.  And he screams the whole time.  It's chaotic.  My daughter searches for bits and pieces of attention where she can get it.  She finds ways to play and occupy herself and usually that means hanging out with me or playing by herself.  My mom floats between my son and my daughter, all the while complaining to me about something.  It's non-stop complaining when they come here.  "The house is too cold.  He's sneezing..is he getting sick?  Take her hair clip out and fix her hair.  You never let them go outside, let me take him to Costco to get gas.  Why did you give him a haircut like that?  He's hungry, what's wrong with you, why don't you feed him??  See, you're nicer to her.  If he threw that book what would you have done?  I thought you wanted to make tacos, should we just wait until we go home to eat?"       I'm not exaggerating.  My brain is FRIED.  The last thing I want to do is make friggin' tacos for these people.  The kids won't eat tacos and I don't have much of an appetite right now.

They took the kids out for a walk and I could have A. Washed some dishes or watched tv or B. Put on my shoes and go for some exercise.  Since I slacked this past week I decided to get my butt into gear by starting this week off right.  I started off running and walking for the first 5-7 minutes.  I should have warmed up with straight walking first but I wanted to get away from the zoo crew so I ran past them.  I walked the remaining down hill and then around the neighborhood and then up hill.  I don't know how far it was exactly.  Somewhere between 1-2 miles.  Next time I'll wear my pedometer.  It took me 25 minutes.  I felt it going uphill on the way home.  I'm pooped.  I'm washing my bed linens and taking a shower as soon as the kids go to bed.  I'll be sleeping good tonight I bet. 

Tomorrow's workout will be The Bar Method Body.  Ballet moves with some strength training.  I previewed the dvd (from the library), it looks good.  Tomorrow I'll make myself a taco salad and use the rest of the ground beef for bolognese sauce for the kids' dinner.  Kill two birds with one pack of ground beef. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment